Green Your Products and Your Business
The benefits of going green
For more than 15 years, ITAC has been helping NYC businesses reduce solid waste, increase recycling and improve their bottom line. We understand that environmental improvements and business growth go hand-in-hand and we encourage manufacturers to take advantage of the unique opportunities that going “green” affords them. Becoming sustainable can lead directly to profitability through innovation, the development of new green products or services, and an enhanced corporate reputation. Last year, clients diverted more than 5,000 tons of waste and kept close to $800,000 in our local economy.
Supply chains: increasing the demand for green products
New York City, as elsewhere, is seing an increased demand for green products by consumers. The trend has affected larger corporations, which in turn has affected supply chains. Suppliers are now demanding adherence to specific green standards because their contractors do. At the same time, companies are beginning to realize that reducing negative impacts on the environment often lowers manufacturing costs.Conserving energy, water or raw materials and reducing toxic chemicals has always made sense for the betterment of our planet. It is now making sense in the marketplace as the demand for green products fosters new products and opportunities for increased profits.
How ITAC can help you
ITAC has been in the forefront of the sustainability movement since its inception and we can help you:
- Access tax credits, equipment grants and other incentives for businesses that reduce waste, water and energy consumption or pollution.
- Understand new green supply chain and compliance issues
- Become ISO certified
- Design and market green products
- Reduce and recycle solid waste
- Reducing water usage through recycling programs
- Lower energy consumption and costs
- Assess pollution levels and initiate pollution prevention programs
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques to reduce wasted time, effort and materials
- Utilize advanced technology to create leaner, more efficient and more sustainable production processes